Saturday 14 December 2013

OPRAH HAS NO REGRETS ABOUT NOT HAVING KIDS!

It’s not often that you come across a woman who says she has never had the desire to have kids, and when you do, the natural reaction is “Why??” or “What’s wrong with you???”
Well, there’s nothing wrong with Oprah! She’s an overachiever who’s more focused on work than raising a family.
During a recent chat with The Hollywood Reporter (conducted in her new $88 million house **gags**), Oprah revealed that at age 59, she’s never regretted not having kids of her own:
“Gayle [now a mother of two] was the kind of kid who, in seventh grade Home Ec class, was writing down her name and the names of her children. While she was having those kind of daydreams, I was having daydreams about how I could be Martin Luther King.[...]If I had kids, my kids would hate me. They would have ended up on the equivalent of the Oprah show talking about me; because something [in my life] would have had to suffer and it would’ve probably been them.”
Is it even possible for a woman to be successful as Oprah and be able to balance her career with motherhood and marriage? In Oprah’s own words, “You can have it all, just not all at once.”

No comments:

Post a Comment