Friday 10 December 2010

Oprah Winfrey: "I’m not even kind of lesbian"

Everyone has a BBF or two who they are especially close to. Oprah Winfry’s close relationship with her best pal Gayle King has led to years and years of speculation that they’re more than just good friends.
 Chat show queen Oprah has spoken about her friend during an interview with US legend Barbara Walters, and as well as explaining how much Gayle means to her, Opes has tried to quash those lesbian rumours once and for all.
“She’s the mother I never had. The sister everybody would want. The friend everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person. It’s making me cry because I’m thinking how much I probably never told her that. We’re not like ‘Oh, you, you’re my dearest friend… thanks’ The therapy I didn’t have and don’t need is because of my thousands of hours on the phone with Gayle. I get to release the day by talking it through. And I just realised she the friend everybody should have. I have said we are not gay enough times. I am not a lesbian. Not even kind of lesbian. That irritates me because it means somebody must think I’m lying. That number one. Number two, why would you want to hide it? That not the way I run my life.”
We have to agree, if Oprah was gay we’re pretty sure she would have come out by now. We just think it’s very sweet that she’s said such lovely things about her bestie. Excuse us, there seems to be something in our eye…. sniffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment